Help for Families of Newly Recovering Addicts
- List Price$15.99
- Your price$12.79
Save $3.20 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Everything Changes assuages fears and uncertainty by teaching loved ones of newly recovering addicts how to navigate the often-tumultuous early months of recovery. Beverly Conyers, author of the acclaimed Addict in the Family, again shares the hope and knowledge that she gained as a parent of a recovering addict by focusing on the aftermath of addiction. She outlines the physical and psychological changes that recovering addicts go through, and offers practical tools to help family members and friends:
- build a fresh, rewarding relationship with the addict
- be supportive without setting themselves up for disappointment
- avoid enabling destructive behavior
- set and maintain boundaries
- cope with relapse
- deal with the practicalities of sober living, such as helping the addict find a job and deal with the stigma of addiction
Beverly Conyers, M.A., is an editor and freelance writer who lives in New England. She is the author of Addict in the Family: Stories of Loss, Hope, and Recovery.
- Hazelden Publishing, June 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: