Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Developing Java Web Applications
- List Price$39.99
- Your price$35.99
Save $4.00 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Discover WTP, the New End-to-End Toolset for Java-Based Web Development
The Eclipse Web Tools Platform (WTP) seamlessly integrates all the tools today’s Java Web developer needs. WTP is both an unprecedented Open Source resource for working developers and a powerful foundation for state-of-the-art commercial products.
Eclipse Web Tools Platform offers in-depth descriptions of every tool included in WTP, introducing powerful capabilities never before available in Eclipse. The authors cover the entire Web development process–from defining Web application architectures and development processes through testing and beyond. And if you’re seeking to extend WTP, this book provides an introduction to the platform’s rich APIs. The book also
- Presents step-by-step coverage of developing persistence, business logic, and presentation tiers with WTP and Java
- Introduces best practices for multiple styles of Web and Java EE development
- Demonstrates JDBC database access and configuration
- Shows how to configure application servers for use with WTP
- Walks through creating Web service application interfaces
- Covers automated testing with JUnit and Cactus, and automated builds utilizing Ant, Maven, and CruiseControl
- Introduces testing and profiling Web applications with the Eclipse Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) project
- Describes how to extend WTP with new servers, file types, and WSDL extensions
About the Authors
Part I: Getting Started
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: About the Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project
Chapter 3: Quick Tour
Chapter 4: Setting Up Your Workspace
Part II: Java Web Application Development
Chapter 5: Web Application Architecture and Design
Chapter 6: Organizing Your Development Project
Chapter 7: The Presentation Tier
Chapter 8: The Business Logic Tier
Chapter 9: The Persistence Tier
Chapter 10: Web Services
Chapter 11: Testing
Part III: Extending WTP
Chapter 12: Adding New Servers
Chapter 13: Supporting New File Types
Chapter 14: Creating WSDL Extensions
Chapter 15: Customizing Resource Resolution
Part IV: Products and Plans
Chapter 16: Other Web Tools Based on Eclipse
Chapter 17: The Road Ahead
This book is an invaluable resource for every Eclipse and enterprise Java Web developer: both those who use Eclipse to build other Web applications, and those who build Eclipse technologies into their own products.
Complete source code examples are available at www.eclipsewtp.org.
- Pearson Education, May 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: