Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain Deluxe
The Definitive, 4th Edition
This Deluxe eBook includes over 35 minutes of video featuring Betty Edwards illustrating the core techniques of her enduring classic.
A revised edition of the classic drawing book that has sold more than 1.7 million copies in the United States alone.
Translated into more than seventeen languages, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain is the world's most widely used drawing instruction book. Whether you are drawing as a professional artist, as an artist in training, or as a hobby, this book will give you greater confidence in your ability and deepen your artistic perception, as well as foster a new appreciation of the world around you. This revised/updated fourth edition includes:
- a new preface and introduction;
- crucial updates based on recent research on the brain's plasticity and the enormous value of learning new skills/ utilizing the right hemisphere of the brain;
- new focus on how the ability to draw on the strengths of the right hemisphere can serve as an antidote to the increasing left-brain emphasis in American life-the worship of all that is linear, analytic, digital, etc.;
- an informative section that addresses recent research linking early childhood "scribbling" to later language development and the importance of parental encouragement of this activity;
- and new reproductions of master drawings throughout
- Penguin Publishing Group, April 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: