Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution
Turn Off the Genes That Are Killing You and Your Waistline
YOUR GENES ARE TRYING TO KILL YOU– AND YOU’RE EATING IT UP!
Does losing weight and staying healthy feel like a battle? Well, it’s really a war. Your enemies are your own genes, backed by millions of years of evolution, and the only way to win is to outsmart them.
Dr. Steven Gundry explains what your body is “thinking” and tells you why, surprisingly, your genes actually “want” you to be fat–even sick. Eating many so-called healthy foods gives your body the wrong messages and may activate what Dr. Gundry calls “killer genes,” whose purpose is to get rid of you. Now, with his revolutionary ideas, which enabled him to easily lose 70 pounds, you can reprogram your body for the health, life, looks, and longevity you desire! And this is a diet that works equally well for women and men, no matter what their age.
Transform yourself with this three-phase plan:
• The Teardown Phase will train your body to stop storing fat and curb your appetite, which enables you to lose weight while turning off “killer genes.”
• The Restoration Phase gives your genes the resources to make you healthy and strong.
• The Longevity Phase will allow you to enjoy your new, slim, vibrant body for a good, long time by making your genes protect you from aging.
This entirely new way of looking at eating, weight loss, and the aging process teaches you how to manipulate your body’s programming, learn to deactivate “killer genes,” and keep disease and aging at bay.
Dr. Gundry’s Diet Evolution shares the health secrets other doctors won’t tell you:
• Why plants are “good” for you because they’re “bad” for you and meat is “bad” because it’s “good” for you
• Why plateauing on this diet is actually a sign that you’re on the right track
• How to choose micronutrient-rich, “calorie scant” foods instead of just “low calorie” foods
• Why artificial sweeteners have the same effects as sugar on your health and your waistline
• Why taking antacids, statins, and drugs for high blood pressure and arthritis only mask health issues instead of addressing them
• Why thinning hair and skin tags are two signals that your genes are trying to kill you
Along with the meal planner, 70 delicious recipes, and inspirational stories, Dr. Gundry’s easy-to-memorize tips will keep you healthy and on course:
• If it’s “beige” or “white,” keep it out of sight.
• If you eat dark “green,” you will become lean.
• If you eat fake fats, you’ll get heart attacks.
From the Hardcover edition.
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony, March 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: