A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose
by Tony Hsieh
- Pay brand-new employees $2,000 to quit
- Make customer service the responsibility of the entire company-not just a department
- Focus on company culture as the #1 priority
- Apply research from the science of happiness to running a business
- Help employees grow-both personally and professionally
- Seek to change the world
- Oh, and make money too . . .
Sound crazy? It's all standard operating procedure at Zappos, the online retailer that's doing over $1 billion in gross merchandise sales annually. After debuting as the highest-ranking newcomer in Fortune magazine's annual "Best Companies to Work For" list in 2009, Zappos was acquired by Amazon in a deal valued at over $1.2 billion on the day of closing.
In DELIVERING HAPPINESS, Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh shares the different lessons he has learned in business and life, from starting a worm farm to running a pizza business, through LinkExchange, Zappos, and more. Fast-paced and down-to-earth, DELIVERING HAPPINESS shows how a very different kind of corporate culture is a powerful model for achieving success-and how by concentrating on the happiness of those around you, you can dramatically increase your own.
To learn more about the book, go to www.deliveringhappinessbook.com.
Skip this list
The Innovator's Dilemma with Award-Winning Harvard Business Review Article "How Will You Measure Your Life?"
Clayton M. Christensen
Wooden on Leadership : How to Create a Winning Organizaion: How to Create a Winning Organizaion
Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal
- Grand Central Publishing, June 2010
Grand Central Publishing
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: