Database in Depth
Relational Theory for Practitioners
by C.J. Date
- List Price$27.99
- Your price$22.39
Save $5.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 12000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This book sheds light on the principles behind the relational model, which is fundamental to all database-backed applications--and, consequently, most of the work that goes on in the computing world today. Database in Depth: The Relational Model for Practitioners goes beyond the hype and gets to the heart of how relational databases actually work.
Ideal for experienced database developers and designers, this concise guide gives you a clear view of the technology--a view that's not influenced by any vendor or product. Featuring an extensive set of exercises, it will help you:
- understand why and how the relational model is still directly relevant to modern database technology (and will remain so for the foreseeable future)
- see why and how the SQL standard is seriously deficient
- use the best current theoretical knowledge in the design of their databases and database applications
- make informed decisions in their daily database professional activities
Author C.J. Date has been involved with the relational model from its earliest days. An exceptionally clear-thinking writer, Date lays out principle and theory in a manner that is easily understood. Few others can speak as authoritatively the topic of relational databases as Date can.
- O'Reilly Media, July 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: