Data Mashups in R
- List Price$12.99
- Your price$10.69
Save $2.30 (18% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
How do you use R to import, manage, visualize, and analyze real-world data? With this short, hands-on tutorial, you learn how to collect online data, massage it into a reasonable form, and work with it using R facilities to interact with web servers, parse HTML and XML, and more. Rather than use canned sample data, you'll plot and analyze current home foreclosure auctions in Philadelphia.
This practical mashup exercise shows you how to access spatial data in several formats locally and over the Web to produce a map of home foreclosures. It's an excellent way to explore how the R environment works with R packages and performs statistical analysis.
- Parse messy data from public foreclosure auction postings
- Plot the data using R's PBSmapping package
- Import US Census data to add context to foreclosure data
- Use R's lattice and latticeExtra packages for data visualization
- Create multidimensional correlation graphs with the pairs() scatterplot matrix package
- O'Reilly Media, March 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: