Curriculum and Imagination
Process Theory, Pedagogy and Action Research
- List Price$56.95
- Your price$51.29
Save $5.66 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 23600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Curriculum and Imagination describes an alternative ‘process’ model for designing developing, implementing and evaluating curriculum, suggesting that curriculum may be designed by specifying an educational process which contains key principles of procedure.
This comprehensive and authoritative book:
- offers a practical and theoretical plan for curriculum-making without objectives
- shows that a curriculum can be best planned and developed at school level by teachers adopting an action research role
- complements the spirit and reality of much of the teaching profession today, embracing the fact that there is a degree of intuition and critical judgement in the work of educators
- presents empirical evidence on teachers’ human values.
Curriculum and Imagination provides a rational and logical alternative for all educators who plan curriculum but do not wish to be held captive by a mechanistic ‘ends-means’ notion of educational planning. Anyone studying or teaching curriculum studies, or involved in education or educational planning, will find this important new book fascinating reading.
- Taylor and Francis, July 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: