Corporate Fraud Handbook
Prevention and Detection
Put the brakes on fraud.
It is much more cost-effective to prevent fraud than to punish it. Providing an insider's look into the most prevalent fraud schemes used by employees, owners, managers, and executives, Corporate Fraud Handbook, Fourth Edition provides you with a systematic approach to stop fraud in its tracks before it happens.
Sharing his four decades of experience in the field of fraud detection and deterrence, author Dr. Joseph T. Wells—founder and chairman of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners—brings each scheme to life by using real case studies submitted to the ACFE by the fraud examiners who investigated them.
Written for anyone responsible for reducing fraud losses and mitigating the risk of fraud, Corporate Fraud Handbook features:
- Tips and techniques for quantifying financial losses from fraud schemes
- Observations and conclusions in each chapter to help you devise prevention and detection strategies
- Real-life case studies that provide a view inside the mind of a fraudster
- The fraud tree, a systematic classification of the various types of occupational fraud
- Statistics from the ACFE's 2012 Report to the Nations on Occupational Fraud and Abuse
From sophisticated investment swindles to petty theft, false overtime to bribery, discover how to prevent and detect corporate fraud with the expert guidance found in Corporate Fraud Handbook, Fourth Edition.
- Wiley, August 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: