Constructing a Security Community in Southeast Asia
ASEAN and the Problem of Regional Order
- List Price$50.95
- Your price$45.89
Save $5.06 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 21200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This second edition of Constructing a Security Community in Southeast Asia takes the excellent framework from Acharya's first edition and brings it up-to-date, looking at ASEAN's comprehensive and critical account of the evolution of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) norms and the viability of the ASEAN way of conflict management.
Key issues in determining the future stability of the Southeast Asian and Asia Pacific region are covered, including:
- intra-regional relations and the effect of membership expansion
- the ASEAN Regional Forum and East Asian regionalism
- ASEAN's response to terrorism and other transnational challenges
- debates over ASEAN's non-interference doctrine
- the 'ASEAN Security Community' and the ASEAN Charter
- the impact of the rise of China and India and ASEAN's relations with the US and Japan.
The new edition will continue to appeal to students and scholars of Asian security, international relations theory and Southeast Asian studies as well as policymakers and the media.
- Taylor and Francis, June 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: