Cognitive Analytic Therapy and Later Life
New Perspective on Old Age
- List Price$40.95
- Your price$36.89
Save $4.06 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 17200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Cognitive Analytic Therapy and Later Life highlights that any attempt to work psychotherapeutically with older people must take into account the effects of working within a context of institutional ageism. It explores the specialist skills required when working with older people, covering:
* the delayed effects of early trauma
* narcissism and the re-emergence of borderline traits and dissociative states
* the emergence of treatment resistant depression and anxiety
* the use of the cognitive analytic therapy model to challenge the child centred paradigm of psychoanalytic theory.
Clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, psychotherapists, nurses, social workers, and occupational therapists alike will find this an illuminating and thought provoking book.
- Taylor and Francis, March 2004
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: