CliffsNotes on Homer's Iliad
by Bob Linn
Homer's classic Greek epic, The Iliad, plunges you into the midst of the battle of Troy as swords flash and ancient angers flare — and CliffsNotes is at your side through the fray to shield you from being unprepared for class discussion. CliffsNotes character analyses and critical essays delve into the depths of well-fueled feuds and fatal choices to explain the context of the heroic exploits of Achilles, Agamemnon, Hektor, and Priam. As Achaians fight Trojans to the bitter end for the hand of fair Helen, turn to CliffsNotes on The Iliad for plot summaries and commentaries that make sense of the themes of strife and reconciliation in this fast-action work of classic literature.
Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- A close look at the author's life, which offers insight into his writing
- A background of the epic poem, to help you understand the setting
- List of characters and their descriptions
- A map that diagrams the relationships among the characters
- Glossaries to help you fully understand the poem
- A review section that tests your knowledge, and suggested essay topics
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, May 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: