These are dark days. The world is seething with imbeciles and poltroons. Everywhere the careless and thoughtless are charging about the place in hulking 4x4s, or inviting Channel 4 to come around rather than clean their own homes. So comedian Chris Addison has written CAUTIONARY TALES FOR GROWN-UPS - poems to illustrate the dangers of modern behaviour.
The tales include:
* The Gloucestershire Horse Club, Who posed Naked for a Charity Calendar.
* Phillip, who talked only in Management Speak
* Myfanwy, Who answered an Email from a Nigerian Bank Manager
* and Fiona and Dave, who had a Wacky Wedding
Sparklingly wicked and cunningly illustrated, this is a hilarious Struwelpeter for the twenty-first century.
- Hodder & Stoughton, October 2010
Hodder & Stoughton
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: