Building Web Applications with Erlang
Working with REST and Web Sockets on Yaws
- List Price$15.99
- Your price$12.79
Save $3.20 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Why choose Erlang for web applications? Discover the answer hands-on by building a simple web service with this book. If you’re an experienced web developer who knows basic Erlang, you’ll learn how to work with REST, dynamic content, web sockets, and concurrency through several examples. In the process, you’ll see first-hand that Erlang is ideal for building business-critical services.
Erlang was designed for fault-tolerant, non-stop telecom systems, and building applications with it requires a large set of skills. By the end of the book, you’ll have the information you need to build a basic web service and get it running.
- Explore the power of Erlang and REST for building web services
- Serve static and dynamic content with the Yaws web server
- Use different methods for outputting data to user, such as encoding Erlang data structures into JSON or XML
- Build an application to listen for HTTP requests, process them, store data, and return useful data
- Go beyond the request-response model—push data to clients with web sockets
- Use Erlang and Yaws to stream data from the server to a client
"A book which is truly needed and will help get Erlang to the next level."
—Francesco Cesarini, CEO of Erlang Solutions, author of Erlang Programming.
- O'Reilly Media, June 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: