Book of Lies
The Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult
- List Price$21.95
- Your price$17.59
Save $4.36 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 9600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Disinformations "wicked warlock" Richard Metzger gathers an unprecedented cabal of modern occultists, magicians, and forward thinkers in this large format Disinformation Guide. Just as Russ Kicks Guides focusing on secrets and lies from the mainstream media, government, and other establishment institutions rethought what a political science book could look like and whom it would appeal to, Book of Lies redefines occult anthologies, packaging and presenting a huge array of magical essays for a pop culture audience. Just some of the contents:
- An introduction by comics genius Grant Morrison, who also contributes a three-part article on Pop Magick.
- Mark Pesce, author of The Playful World, compares computer programming and spellcasting.
- Genesis P-Orridge, father of Industrial Music and Rave culture explains how samples in a rave song can have magical consequences.
- Paul Laffoley discusses his magical artistic strategies (Metzger compares Laffoley to Merlin the Magician).
- Magical Thinkingan extended excerpt from Daniel Pinchbecks Breaking Open the Head.
- William Burroughs and the occult.
- Nevill Drury, Australias most noted occult writer, tells of Dion Fortune, Austin Spare, and Rosaleen Norton.
- Why Does Aleister Crowley Still Matter?
- Donald Tysons "The Enochian Apocalypse Working." Were the seeds of the end of the world sown in the Elizabethan era?.
- The first ever biographical essay on Marjorie Cameron, the fascinating character from Los Angeles occult and beatnik scene.
- Hitler and the occultPeter Levenda interview by Tracy Twyman.
- Robert Temple on how his book The Sirius Mysterys, controversial thesis (for which he was ridiculed) was proven by the Hubble telescope twenty-five years late.
- An exclusive Anton LaVey interview by Michael Moynihan, author of best-selling book Lords of Chaos.
- Erik Davis, author of Techgnosis, looks at H. P. -Lovecrafts Magick Realism.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
Book of Lies
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
Book of Lies
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 22, 2016
- Red Wheel Weiser, October 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: