Black's Student Medical Dictionary
- List Price$16.99
- Your price$16.19
Save $0.80 (5% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Black's Medical Dictionary has been the best-selling medical dictionary for over 100 years. It is invaluable as a home reference and for all who need clear explanation of medical terms: nurses, health care professionals, students, health service management, actuaries, lawyers and journalists.
It contains over 5000 definitions and descriptions of medical terms and concepts with over 1000 diagrams, drawings and colour illustrations. It also provides helpful appendices on common medical tests and procedures, travel and health, measurements in medicine, health economics, complementary and alternative medicine, and an address list of supporting professional organisations.
This new edition contains new material on:
- HPV vaccine: the vaccine now given to all young girls to protect against cervical cancer
- Monoclonal Antibodies: the `designer' drugs of the future
- The new guidelines for fibroid treatment
- Endoscopy and laparoscopy - the more and more widely used types of keyhole surgery
- Coronary angioplasty: the emergency tretament of heart attacks
- The latest on MRSA and stem cell research
- Bloomsbury Publishing, July 2015
Bloomsbury Information Ltd
- Download options:
- EPUB 3 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: