Biomedical Engineering and Design Handbook, Volume 1
Volume I: Biomedical Engineering Fundamentals
by Myer Kutz
- List Price$173.00
- Your price$155.69
Save $17.31 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 70000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
A State-of-the-Art Guide to Biomedical Engineering and Design Fundamentals and Applications
The two-volume Biomedical Engineering and Design Handbook, Second Edition offers unsurpassed coverage of the entire biomedical engineering field, including fundamental concepts, design and development processes, and applications. This landmark work contains contributions on a wide range of topics from nearly 80 leading experts at universities, medical centers, and commercial and law firms.
Volume 1 focuses on the basics of biomedical engineering, including biomedical systems analysis, biomechanics of the human body, biomaterials, and bioelectronics. Filled with more than 500 detailed illustrations, this superb volume provides the foundational knowledge required to understand the design and development of innovative devices, techniques, and treatments.
Volume 1 covers:
- Modeling and Simulation of Biomedical Systems
- Bioheat Transfer
- Physical and Flow Properties of Blood
- Respiratory Mechanics and Gas Exchange
- Biomechanics of the Respiratory Muscles
- Biomechanics of Human Movement
- Biomechanics of the Musculoskeletal System
- Bone Mechanics
- Finite Element Analysis
- Vibration, Mechanical Shock, and Impact
- Biomedical Composites
- Cardiovascular Biomaterials
- Dental Materials
- Orthopaedic Biomaterials
- Biomaterials to Promote Tissue Regeneration
- Biomedical Signal Analysis
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Intelligent Systems and Bioengineering
- McGraw-Hill Education, July 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: