Basic Science for the MRCS
A revision guide for surgical trainees
- List Price$57.99
- Your price$52.19
Save $5.80 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 24000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This book is a concise revision guide to the core basic sciences - anatomy, physiology and pathology - which comprise the essential knowledge required by the trainee entering the specialty of surgery. It has been written in a style to facilitate easy learning of the essential facts, with indications of both their clinical relevance and importance. This book concentrates on those topics which tend to be recurring examination themes for initial surgical training. It will be an invaluable resource for the basic surgical trainee studying for the Intercollegiate MRCS examination, as well as proving useful for those in higher surgical training and for the surgically inclined, well-motivated student.
- The book covers in one volume all the essentials of the basic sciences - anatomy, physiology and pathology - to aid the candidate for the MRCS examination.
- In covering the applied basic science the books explains the application and clinical relevance of the three sciences
- The text is written in an appropriate ‘bullet-point’ style to allow easy reading and rapid exam preparation
- The contents concentrate on the recurring common themes of the examination, thus helping direct appropriate learning and focussing on the specific impoartnta areas of knowledge
- The book is illustrated with line drawings which are clearly annotated to aid learning.
In this Second Edition, chapters have been updated and sections expanded to cover topics which are particularly relevant to examinations. The microbiology chapter has been rewritten, and the section on skin healing has also been extensively rewritten to include a section on burns, skin grafting and the anatomy of flaps. Each chapter has new OSCE scenario questions added to bring together the basic science and its clinical application in OSCE examinations.
- Elsevier Health Sciences UK, April 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: