Baby Signs: How to Talk with Your Baby Before Your Baby Can Talk, Third Edition
- List Price$16.95
- Your price$13.59
Save $3.36 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The Essential Parenting Guide- NOW COMPLETELY UPDATED AND EXPANDED!In 1982, child development experts Linda Acredolo, Ph.D., and Susan Goodwyn, Ph.D., discovered that babies can communicate with simple signs-even before they're able to talk. The result: Baby Signs, the groundbreaking technique that has changed parenting forever.
Now, with the widespread popularity of signing with hearing babies and new and exciting research findings to report, the authors have completely revised and expanded Baby Signs to create this indispensable new edition. Featuring an American Sign Language approach, as well as a set of “baby-friendly” alternatives, this comprehensive new program offers all the information any parent needs to join the hundreds of thousands of families around the world who are using Baby Signs to help their children communicate their “joys and fears without tears.” (Newsweek)
Inside you will find . . .
- An expanded dictionary with easy-to-follow photos of 150 ASL signs along with a set of 35 “baby-friendly” alternatives
- New research showing the benefits of Baby Signs for children's emotional development, for the parent-child relationship, and for reducing frustration and aggression in childcare settings
- Information to help parents use the magic of Baby Signs to meet the challenges of potty training (as seen on CBS's The Doctors)
- Real-life stories of parents achieving both stunning and heartwarming communication breakthroughs with their children
- McGraw-Hill Education, March 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: