A Guide to Helping Your Child Thrive at Home and at School
- List Price$16.95
- Your price$13.59
Save $3.36 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
How parents can help children with Asperger's Syndrome to grow and prosper
If you are raising a child with Asperger's Syndrome, it can be a real challenge to find answers to your questions and make decisions while trying to keep pace with the latest developments in research and changes in the growth and behavior of your child. This book comes to the rescue by combining the latest medical information and interventions with clearcut strategies to help your child thrive at home and at school.
- Covers the biological, psychological, social, and spiritual development of children with Asperger's syndrome from 18 months
- Presents the most up-to-date scientific data on Asperger's Syndrome, including the latest neuro-imaging research
- Offers practical strategies for shaping social interactions, coping with repetitive thoughts and behavior, addressing sensory needs or avoidance, encouraging interests without enabling obsessions, and other challenges
- Reviews the advantages and disadvantages of available medical treatments, complementary therapies, and early intervention strategies
- Written by a medical doctor and an educator who has a child with Asperger's
From getting a diagnosis, to finding the best schooling options, to helping your child with day-to-day issues and challenges, Asperger's Syndrome is an essential practical resource you will turn to again and again for reliable and current information.
- Turner Publishing Company, July 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: