An Invitation to Biomathematics
- List Price$67.95
- Your price$61.19
Save $6.76 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 28000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Essential for all biology and biomathematics courses, this textbook provides students with a fresh perspective of quantitative techniques in biology in a field where virtually any advance in the life sciences requires a sophisticated mathematical approach. An Invitation to Biomathematics, expertly written by a team of experienced educators, offers students a solid understanding of solving biological problems with mathematical applications. This text succeeds in enabling students to truly experience advancements made in biology through mathematical models by containing computer-based hands-on laboratory projects with emphasis on model development, model validation, and model refinement.
The supplementary work, Laboratory Manual of Biomathematics is available separately ISBN 0123740223, or as a set ISBN: 0123740290)
* Provides a complete guide for development of quantification skills crucial for applying mathematical methods to biological problems
* Includes well-known examples from across disciplines in the life sciences including modern biomedical research
* Explains how to use data sets or dynamical processes to build mathematical models
* Offers extensive illustrative materials
* Written in clear and easy-to-follow language without assuming a background in math or biology
* A laboratory manual is available for hands-on, computer-assisted projects based on material covered in the text
- Elsevier Science, August 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: