Understanding and Reducing Aggressive Behaviour in Children and Youth
- List Price$12.99
- Your price$10.69
Save $2.30 (18% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 6000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Are you one of the thousands of Canadians who work or volunteer with children and youth? Do you know:
- • how to respond effectively when a young person behaves aggressively?
- • what kinds of aggression are considered normal for a young person’s age and stage of development?
- • what kinds of aggression may suggest that a young person has a problem that needs specialized intervention?
Acting Out aims to help you answer “yes” to these questions. It describes the causes of aggressive behaviour in young people, and discusses approaches to handling it.
Aggression among young people is an important social issue. Fortunately, early intervention and treatment can significantly reduce the risk of harmful outcomes. This book:
- • explains various types of aggressive behaviour exhibited by young people
- • identifies factors related to aggressive behaviour
- • distinguishes between normal aggression and aggression that is of greater concern
- • gives practical advice on how to address aggression in children and youth
- • highlights proven prevention and intervention strategies and indicates strategies to avoid
- • discusses the assessment and diagnosis of more serious aggressive behaviour in young people.
Acting Out is a valuable tool for anyone who works with young people, including teachers and school administrators, day-care and recreation centre workers, youth shelter workers, social service workers, sports coaches, youth leaders, camp counsellors and directors.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 25, 2016
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, March 2007
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: