A Photographer's Guide to Uxmal
Part of a series of eBooks on photography at Maya ruins, "A Photographer's Guide to Uxmal" goes far beyond the usual tour books. It's a comprehensive guide to the ruins, with an eye toward making the photographs you take there the very best they can be.
This eBook will give you:
* A road map and directions to help you get to the ruins
* A map of the structures in the ruins
* Photographic equipment suggestions — what I’d suggest that you take, what you can safely leave at home
* A description of any photography restrictions at the site
* Comprehensive descriptions (with images) of the viewable structures at the site, to help you plan your time there
* Descriptions of on-site facilities (restrooms, water, etc.)
* Enough historical background to help you make sense of what you see
* Tips to help you make the best photos you can at the site
If you’re headed to Mesoamerica with photography in mind, spending just a few dollars on a little research can make your trip more worthwhile — both by helping you prepare for a visit to a site, as well as by helping you decide which sites to visit. Even if you don’t think of yourself as a particularly serious photographer, these guides contain the most comprehensive information on any given ruin available in a single place. Along with saving you time before your trip, each will provide you with a bounty of information you can’t otherwise get before you walk the ruins yourself.
Purchase of the eBook also gives you access to its corresponding page on the Seldom Scene Photography site with special supplemental content. The eBook’s page has links to related material online, images you can download for computer or iPad wallpaper, as well as an editable “shot list” with maps and structure images (print it out and carry it along on your visit).
- Seldom Scene Photography, January 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: