21st Century U.S. Military Manuals: Multiservice Procedures for Survival, Evasion, and Recovery - FM 21-76-1 - Camouflage, Concealment, Navigation (Value-Added Professional Format Series)
Professionally converted for accurate flowing-text e-book format reproduction, the Survival, Evasion, and Recovery Army field manual (FM 21-76-1) is designed to provide armed service members quick-reference survival, evasion, and recovery information. Some of the topics covered include navigation, radio communications and signaling, recovery, personal protection, water, food, induced conditions, and the will to survive.
This unclassified survival manual includes:
* EVASION – Planning, Camouflage, Shelters, Movement
* NAVIGATION - Stay or Move Considerations, Navigation and Position Determination, Travel Considerations, River Travel, Ice and Snow Travel, Mountain Hazards, Summer Hazards, Dry Climates, Tropical Climates, Open Seas
* RADIO COMMUNICATIONS AND SIGNALING - Radio Communications (Voice and Data) Signaling
* RECOVERY – Responsibilities, Site Selection, Site Preparation, Recovery Procedures
* MEDICAL - Immediate First Aid Actions, Common Injuries and Illnesses, Plant Medicine, Health and Hygiene, Rules for Avoiding Illness
* PERSONAL PROTECTION – Priorities, Care and Use of Clothing, Other Protective Equipment, Shelters, Fires
* WATER - Water Requirements, Water Procurement, Water Preparation and Storage
* FOOD - Food Procurement, Food Preparation, Food Preservation
* INDUCED CONDITIONS - Nuclear Conditions, Biological Conditions, Chemical Conditions
* The Will to Survive
This practical guide to survival techniques was produced jointly by the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, and U.S. Air Force.
As a bonus, this reproduction includes FM-1, The Army Field Manual, a capstone manual containing the vision for the Army - sold separately for $5.99. FM 1 establishes the fundamental principles for employing Landpower. The most important of these are the Army's operational concept and the fundamentals that support it. They form the foundation for all Army doctrine. All Soldiers should understand and internalize them. FM 1 describes the American profession of arms, the Army's place in it, and what it means to be a professional Soldier. Central to this discussion are the Soldier's Creed, Warrior Ethos, and Army Values. These three statements establish the guiding values and standards of the Army profession. To understand Soldiers, you must know about them. To be a Soldier, you must live them. FM 1 discusses Army contributions to the joint force. As the Armed Forces achieve even greater joint interdependence, the Army will depend more on the other Services and vice versa. For this reason, the Army is currently transforming its units and institutions to enhance our campaign qualities for sustained operations and to achieve greater expeditionary and joint capabilities. It is important for Soldiers and all who support or are associated with the Army to understand these contributions and how the Army is transforming to better meet its obligations to the other Services.
This is a privately authored news service and educational publication of Progressive Management.
- Progressive Management, September 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: