Containing a wealth of practical activities and materials that provide excellent opportunities to analyse learning and performance within Design and Technology, this book also includes case studies and examples of existing good practice and a range of tried-and-tested strategies. Specially designed to be written in directly it provides a useful record of progress and is accompanied by a Companion Website.
Designed to be used by student teachers, NQTs and beginning teachers, this workbook covers each main specialist area of Design Technology: electronics and communications technology (ECT), food technology, materials technology and textiles technology. Topics covered include:
- design and technology in the school curriculum
- the importance of health and safety
- the use of ICT in the teaching of design and technology
- planning lessons
- managing the classroom
- assessment issues
- the integration of literacy, numeracy, citizenship and sustainability into design and technology
- your own professional development.
This book complements the market-leading textbook Learning to Teach Design and Technology in the Secondary School (also published by Routledge), but can also be used equally successfully on its own.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: