A History of the World Since 9/11
Disaster, Deception, and Destruction in the War on Terror
- List Price$23.99
- Your price$20.39
Save $3.60 (15% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 10400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
To understand why, you'll need to know how ...
- - an Australian metals trader named Garry-with help from the CIA-inadvertently triggered the invasion of Iraq
- - coalition troops were killed by bombs made with explosives that, according to the White House, never existed
- - the United States Air Force bombed a wedding in Afghanistan by mistake
- - the U.S. gave material support to the president of Uzbekistan, who, as it happens, boils people alive
These are not merely random disasters from an otherwise effective war. A History of the World Since 9/11shows us just why, a decade after the horrifying attacks on New York and Washington, we are no closer towinning the war on terror than we were on September 10, 2001. We failed to find Osama bin Laden or quellextremism. We sparked civil wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Around the world, innocents were incarcerated,tortured, and murdered-all in the name of justice.
Acclaimed author and journalist Dominic Streatfeild traveled across the world for years in pursuit ofanswers for this stunning collapse of international law. The results of his search form the most fully realized study of the war on terror yet written. Piercing reportage blends with sobering human drama, woven into eight narratives of how our world went wrong after 9/11.
- Bloomsbury Publishing, August 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: