ZigBee is a short-range wireless networking standard backed by such industry leaders as Motorola, Texas Instruments, Philips, Samsung, Siemens, Freescale, etc. It supports mesh networking, each node can transmit and receive data, offers high security and robustness, and is being rapidly adopted in industrial, control/monitoring, and medical applications. This book will explain the ZigBee protocol, discuss the design of ZigBee hardware, and describe how to design and implement ZigBee networks. The book has a dedicated website for the latest technical updates, ZigBee networking calculators, and additional materials. Dr. Farahani is a ZigBee system engineer for Freescale semiconductors Inc. The book comes with a dedicated website that contains additional resources and calculators: http://www.learnZigBee.com
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: ZigBee™ Basics
Chapter 2: ZigBee™ / IEEE 802.15.4 Networking Examples
Chapter 3: ZigBee™ / IEEE 802.15.4 Protocol Layers
Chapter 4: Transceiver Requirements
Chapter 5: RF Propagation, Antennas, and Regulatory Requirements
Chapter 6: Battery Life Analysis
Chapter 7: Location Estimating Using ZigBee™
Chapter 8: ZigBee™ Coexistence
Chapter 9: Related Technologies
* Provides a comprehensive overview of ZigBee technology and networking, from RF/physical layer considerations to application layer development.
* Discusses ZigBee security features such as encryption.
* Describes how ZigBee can be used in location detection applications.
* Explores techniques for ZigBee co-existence with other wireless technologies such as 802.11 and Bluetooth.
* The book comes with a dedicated website that contains additional resources and calculators: http://www.learnZigBee.com
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: