Today’s youth is confronted not only with thedevelopmental tasks of adolescence, but also with substantialsocial and economic changes on the macro level originating fromglobalization and economic volatility. Presenting research on theimplications of social and economic changes for today’syouth, this volume covers important topics:
- Adolescents’ future perspectives
- The competencies they need to prosper in specific cultures
- Changes related to family and school
- Gender differences in economic roles within changingsocieties
- The effects of technological progress on their lives
- The way in which they cope with biographical transitions inflexible markets
- Issues of health and resilience.
The articles provide valuable suggestions about what is beingdone and can be done with regard to individuals or particulargroups of youth, especially concerning the application of researchfindings to interventions.
This is the 135th volume of New Directions for YouthDevelopment, the Jossey-Bass quarterly report series dedicated tobringing together everyone concerned with helping young people,including scholars, practitioners, and people from differentdisciplines and professions.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: