An intelligence agency is a governmental agency that is devoted to the information gathering (known in the context as "intelligence") for purposes of national security and defense. Means of information gathering may include espionage, communication interception, cryptanalysis, cooperation with other institutions, and evaluation of public sources. The assembly and propagation of this information is known as intelligence analysis.
Intelligence agencies can provide the following services for their national governments.
* provide analysis in areas relevant to national security;
* give early warning of impending crises;
* serve national and international crisis management by helping to discern the intentions of current or potential opponents;
* inform national defense planning and military operations;
* protect secrets, both of their own sources and activities, and those of other state agencies; and
* may act covertly to influence the outcome of events in favor of national interests
Intelligence agencies are also involved in defensive activities such as counter-espionage or counter-terrorism.
Some agencies are accused of being involved in assassination, arms sales, coups d'état, and the placement of misinformation (propaganda) as well as other covert operations, in order to support their own or their governments' interests.
The DEA in popular culture
* The DEA.org (The Drug Enjoying Americans), a drug information site.
* Gary Oldman played a corrupt DEA Agent in The Professional.
* Luis Guzman and Don Cheadle play two DEA agents in the movie Traffic.
* Vin Diesel plays a DEA agent in the movie A Man Apart.
* Max Payne is a DEA agent in the video game series Max Payne. In the game, Max battles addicts of a fictional designer drug called Valkyr.
* David Duchovny played a transvestite DEA agent, Denise/Dennis Bryson on the series, Twin Peaks.
* Mary-Louise Parker finds out that her boyfriend is a DEA agent on the Showtime series "Weeds"
Cra 28 No. 17 a 00 (Paloquemao)
(1) 4088000 - 2086060
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: