World War II was the most destructive event of the twentiethcentury. It was total war covering the entire globe, and thenations that fought it employed every available resource,harnessing both technology and people to one purpose. If you lookat the world today, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a countrythat was not affected by this war.
If you want to find out more about this war, without beingoverwhelmed, World War II for Dummies can help. Whetheryou’re looking for a way to enhance your appreciation of theevents that took place or just want to refresh your memory withoutdigging through countless volumes of World War II history, thisbook is right for you.
Accurate and easily accessible World War II for Dummieswill help you explore a war that defined and shaped the world welive in today. You’ll discover all theplayers—individuals as well as nations—who participatedin the war and the politics that drove them. Battle by battle,you’ll find out how the Axis powers initially took control ofthe war and how the Allies fought back to win the day. World WarII for Dummies also covers:
- The origins and causes of World War II
- The rise of Hitler and the Third Reich
- How the war was handled at home
- Germany’s invasion of Poland, France, Denmark, Norway,Belgium, and Luxembourg
- Great Britain’s refusal to surrender after forty-two daysof German aerial bombardment
- The United States entrance into the war after Japan bombedPearl Harbor
- The Allied invasion of Normandy (D-Day)
- Germany’s last ditch effort to stop the Allies at theBattle of the Bulge
- The use of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: