Windows is the world’s most popular operating system, andWindows For Dummies is the bestselling computer book ever.When you look at Windows XP For Dummies, 2ndEdition, it’s easy to see why. Here’s all the stuffyou want to know, served up in plain English and seasoned with afew chuckles. But make no mistake, this book means business.
Author Andy Rathbone listened to what you wanted to know, andthis edition is loaded with additional information about
- E-mail, faxing, and troubleshooting
- Maximizing security features
- Customizing and upgrading Windows XP
- Multimedia applications—CDs, digital music and photos,video, and more
- Answers to questions asked by thousands of Windows users
If you’re just getting started with Windows XP,you’ll find Windows XP For Dummies, 2ndEdition is a lot easier than trying to get the fourth-gradernext door to explain it to you. (Andy Rathbone is a lot morepatient.) There’s a whole section devoted to “WindowsXP Stuff Everybody Thinks You Already Know,” so you can getthe hang of the basics quickly and in the privacy of your own home.And if you’ve been around a couple of generations of Windows,you’ll be especially interested in how to squeeze maximumsecurity from the beefed-up anti-spam and firewall features inService Pack 2.
Windows XP For Dummies, 2nd Edition is sort oflike a buffet—you can sample everything, or just stick withthe stuff you know you like. You’ll find out how to
- Locate programs and files, organize your information, and fax,scan, or print documents
- Get online safely, send and receive e-mail, work with InternetExplorer’s security toolbar, and steer clear of pop-ups,viruses, and spam
- Make Windows XP work the way you want it to, share yourcomputer while maintaining your privacy, set up a network, andperform routine maintenance
- Transfer and organize pictures from your digital camera, editdigital video, and create custom CDs of your favorite tunes
- Use Windows XP’s troubleshooting wizards and become yourown computer doctor
With its task-oriented table of contents and tear-out cheatsheet, Windows XP For Dummies, 2nd Edition iseasy to use. You can quickly find what you want to know, and youjust may discover that this book is as important to your computeras the power cord.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: