If you’re curious, but hesitant, about finding your wayaround Microsoft’s new Windows Server 2008, Windows Server2008 For Dummies is the book for you. This friendly referenceshows you everything you need to know — from installation anddeployment to building and running a Windows Server 2008 network.
Server-based networking really is a big deal, and this 100%plain-English guide helps you make the most of it. You’llfind out about Windows Server 2008’s important functions,capabilities and requirements; develop a network implementationplan; take a step-by-step walkthrough of the installation process;and get valuable tips on how to boost your bandwidth beyond belief!Before you know it, you’ll be configuring connections to theUniverse, working with active directory, and treating domains andcontrollers like old pals. Discover how to:
- Build and connect your network
- Install and configure Windows Server 2008
- Set up and manage directory services
- Manage users and groups
- Install and manage print servers
- Secure your network
- Troubleshoot active networks
- Plan for installing Active Directory
- Proclaim and manage your own domain
- Resolve names between TCP/IP and NetBIOS
- Manage shares, permissions, and more
- Develop and implement a regular backup protocol
Windows Server 2008 For Dummies may be easy-going, butit’s simply packed with need-to-know stuff that will send youdiving into Windows Server 2008 experience just for the fun of it.So start now!
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: