If you’ve been waiting impatiently for the arrival of WindowsServer 2008, wait no more! It’s here, and so is WindowsServer 2008 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies to help youinstall it, configure it, network with it, secure it, command itwith Windows PowerShell, and more. Services best practices and thecool IIS Web server are covered too.
The eight powerful quick-reference manuals in this one-stopguide cover all the information you need to perform commonadministrative tasks with Windows Server 2008. You’ll findsure-handed guidance and considerable detail on everything frominstallation to figuring out why a user can’t gain access toresources on the server. You also see procedures for all commontasks — everything from setting up Internet ConnectionSharing (ICS) to promoting your server to a domain controller.Discover how to:
- Use Windows Server virtualization
- Perform a complete PC restore
- Configure server roles and features
- Measure system performance
- Add network clients and protocols
- Keep your server operating at peak performance
- Monitor network interactions with others
- Work with Active Directory RMS
- Use best practices for implementing security
- Implement scripts and cmdlets with PowerShell
- Uncloak viruses masquerading as services
Windows Server 2008 contains so many features that it’ssometimes hard to know which one to install. No problem! Just flipopen Windows Server 2008 All-In-One Desk Reference ForDummies and find your answer in a flash!
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: