This is the eBook version of the print title. Access to the media files found on the DVD included with print editions included with Upgrading and Repairing PCs, 21 Edition, is available through product registration—see instructions in back pages of your eBook.
For 25 years, Upgrading and Repairing PCs has been the world’s #1 guide to PC hardware: The single source for reliable information on troubleshooting and fixing problems, adding hardware, optimizing performance, and building new PCs. Now, better than ever, this 21st edition offers beefed-up coverage of the newest hardware innovations and maintenance techniques, plus more than two hours of new DVD video.
Scott Mueller delivers practical answers about PC processors, mother-boards, buses, BIOSes, memory, SSD and HDD storage, video, audio, I/O, input devices, networks, Internet connectivity, power, and much more. You’ll find the industry’s best coverage of diagnostics, testing, and repair—plus cutting-edge discussions of improving performance via overclocking and other techniques.
NEW IN THIS EDITION
• The newest processors, including Intel’s 3rd generation Ivy Bridge Core i-Series processors and AMD’s 2nd generation Trinity CPUs
• 3TB (and larger) disks, 4K sectoring, partition alignment, faster SATA disk interfaces, and SSD (solid state drive) hard drive replacements
• New firmware innovations, from full UEFI BIOS support to built-in motherboard flash BIOS upgrade utilities
• Integrated video and audio, including 5.1/7.1 surround sound, HDMI, and DisplayPort connections, and Windows 8 compatible multi-touch touchscreen technology
• Updated PCI Express 3.0, 4.0 interfaces, and Power Supply specifications for powering high-end video cards
• Emerging interfaces such as SATA Express, USB 3.0, and Thunderbolt
• Updated coverage of building PCs from scratch—from choosing and assembling hardware through BIOS setup and troubleshooting
Don't forget about the free bonus content available online! You'll find a cache of helpful material to go along with this book. To access these materials at no extra cost, see the instructions included in the back pages of this ebook. You will be required to register your book and supply a code found in the instructions.
Download two hours of up-to-the minute, studio-quality how-to videos—all playable on your computer! In this edition, Scott Mueller offers true insider information about several of the key components in a PC, including motherboards, solid-state drives, and more.
You also can download PDFs of the complete 19th and 20th editions of this book.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: