The Easy, Visual Way to Master IBM® DB2 for Linux®, UNIX®, and Windows®—Fully Updated for Version 9.5
IBM DB2 9 and DB2 9.5 provide breakthrough capabilities for providing Information on Demand, implementing Web services and Service Oriented Architecture, and streamlining information management. Understanding DB2: Learning Visually with Examples, Second Edition, is the easiest way to master the latest versions of DB2 and apply their full power to your business challenges.
Written by four IBM DB2 experts, this book introduces key concepts with dozens of examples drawn from the authors' experience working with DB2 in enterprise environments. Thoroughly updated for DB2 9.5, it covers new innovations ranging from manageability to performance and XML support to API integration. Each concept is presented with easy-to-understand screenshots, diagrams, charts, and tables.
This book is for everyone who works with DB2: database administrators, system administrators, developers, and consultants. With hundreds of well-designed review questions and answers, it will also help professionals prepare for the IBM DB2 Certification Exams 730, 731, or 736.
- Choosing the right version of DB2 for your needs
- Installing and configuring DB2
- Understanding the DB2 environment, instances, and databases
- Establishing client and server connectivity
- Working with database objects
- Utilizing breakthrough pureXML™ technology, which provides for nativeXML support
- Mastering administration, maintenance, performance optimization, troubleshooting, and recovery
- Understanding improvements in the DB2 process, memory, and storage models
- Implementing effective database security
- Leveraging the power of SQL and XQuery
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: