The first guide to show you how to power your site using Umbraco.
More companies are turning to the power and simplicity of
Umbraco’s web content management system to buildrobust,
customized sites. Written by leaders in the Umbracocommunity,
this invaluable guide takes you through every aspect of this
open source tool. Code samples using XHTML, CSS, XSLT, and
C# are integrated throughout the pages to illustrate keyconcepts
that you can apply. As you work through the chapters,you’ll
progress from building a basic Umbraco site to asophisticated
one that meets the needs of your organization.
Umbraco User’s Guide:
- Explains how to install Umbraco and walks you through its
- Discusses how to create templates while building yourunderstanding
- Offers best practices for developing content, designing types,organizing templates, and using the rich text editor
- Walks you through XSLT and .NET controls
- Helps you build sample applications and troubleshoot any issuesthat arise
- Covers how to create your own classified ads site by combiningdocument types, templates, styles, macros, and more
Nik Wahlberg is the founder of Scandia Consulting, afull-service consultancy specializing in custom web applicationdevelopment. He is a Level 2 Certified Umbraco Professional.
Paul Sterling is a member of the Umbraco Core Team and thecreator of the
Umbraco Store. He is also the founder of the Commerce for Umbracoopen
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languagesand technologies easier than you think, providing a structured,tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniquesinvolved.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: