From principle to practice, get it all in the revised edition ofthe comprehensive introduction to typography.
Type Rules: The Designer's Guide to Professional Typography,3rd Edition is an up-to-date, thorough introduction to theprinciples and practices of typography. From the fundamentals tocutting-edge applications, this edition has everything today'sserious designer needs to use type effectively. Dozens of exercisesreinforce authoritative coverage on such topics as how to selectthe appropriate type for the job, how to set type like a pro, howto avoid common mistakes, and how to design a typeface, as well ashow to fully harness the power of major design packages such asInDesign? and QuarkXPress? -- with new coverage of their latestversions.
This edition includes:
- New information on OpenType, font management utilities, fontweb sites, and interactive typography.
- An expanded?history of type and an updated glossary of keyterms.
- Exercises throughout to help reinforce the concepts presentedin the book.
- A wealth of tried-and-true as well as recently developed typetips.
- More in-depth type issues, including scaling logos.
"I've purchased and read just about every book on typographywritten over the last twenty-five years. Ilene Strizver's TypeRules is one of the best. It's a book that will prove its valuetime and again."
-- Allan Haley, Director of Words and Letters, Monotype Imaging
"Type Rules is a must-have book for students andprofessionals alike. I highly recommend it."
-- Prof. Ed Benguiat, world-renowned type designer and educator,School of Visual Arts
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: