Get started with Twisted, the event-driven networking framework written in Python. With this introductory guide, you’ll learn the key concepts and design patterns to build event-driven client and server applications for many popular networking protocols. You’ll also learn the tools to build new protocols using Twisted’s primitives.
Start by building basic TCP clients and servers, and then focus on deploying production-grade applications with the Twisted Application infrastructure. Along the way, you can play with and extend examples of common tasks you’ll face when building network applications. If you’re familiar with Python, you’re ready for Twisted.
- Learn the core components of Twisted servers and clients
- Write asynchronous code with the Deferred API
- Construct HTTP servers with Twisted’s high-level web APIs
- Use the Agent API to develop flexible web clients
- Configure and deploy Twisted services in a robust and standardized fashion
- Access databases using Twisted’s nonblocking interface
- Add common server components: logging, authentication, threads and processes, and testing
- Explore ways to build clients and servers for IRC, popular mail protocols, and SSH
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: