The West is causing depletion of natural resources and environmental destruction with the help of questionable companies, financial institutions and governments. Today, all eyes are on China and its hazardous environment.
Toxic Capitalism, a succinct volume jam-packed with informative but scary data, shows how to fight overconsumption and wastage.
Yes, there is a solution. Only complaining will not guarantee the well-being of future generations.
What you will discover and learn in the book:
- The reality of Global Warming
- How financial institutions and companies fail in their job
- How governments fail in their duty, vested interests at work
- How income inequality affects society
- The role of corruption
- How inadequate job markets impede better consumption
- Details on water pollution & scarcity, focus on China
- What China is doing to combat pollution, to improve the energy mix and promote renewables
- How China roams the world to buy up and import the much needed resources, including food
- How much and why we waste (including food and medicine)
- Air pollution, soil pollution, impact on health
- Everyday examples of waste, focus on China
- How we can enforce quality and durability
- How we can do our part to safeguard the future for our children
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: