Living the good life doesn't require a lot of money or even any faith. The Ten Golden Rules condenses the wisdom of the ancient Greeks into 10 memorable and easy-to-understand rules that, if lived by, can enable modern readers to have rich, meaningful lives.
Each chapter examines a rule:
- 1. Examine life
- 2. Worry only about those things under your control
- 3. Treasure friendship
- 4. Experience true pleasure
- 5. Master yourself
- 6 A void excess
- 7. Be a responsible human being
- 8. Don"t be a prosperous fool
- 9. Dont do evil to others
- 10. Kindness to others tends to be rewarded
All chapters begin with a quote from one of the great Greek philosophers who inspired the rule, followed by a story or explanation of the rule and its importance in life, and end with teaching points on which to meditate and reflect.
Any reader searching for meaning will return to this simple, slim volume again and again to find tried-and-true wisdom that spans the ages to speak to us today.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: