Making a movie may be part art and part science, but it's 100 percent business.
In this comprehensive and accessible guide, Kelly Charles Crabb shares the information necessary to understand the legal and financial challenges involved in getting a film from story to the silver screen and beyond.
Drawing on over twenty years of experience in the entertainment industry, as both lawyer and producer, Crabb reveals his insider's knowledge on:
- Understanding copyright and intellectual property law
- Obtaining financial backing
- Selecting and hiring the key players
- Overseeing the filming
- Locking in the theatrical, home video, and TV distribution
- Understanding merchandise licensing
While it may not transform you into a lawyer or an industry accountant -- and that's not what you want anyway -- it will take you through all the business and legal principles you need to know to be a successful and knowledgeable professional producer.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: