Michael Gurian's blockbuster bestseller The Wonder of Boysis the bible for mothers, fathers, and educators on how tounderstand and raise boys. It has sold over 400,000 copies, beentranslated into 17 languages, and sells over 25,000 every year,which is more than any other book on boys in history. To follow upon this first book, which launched the boy's movement, he has nowwritten this revolutionary new book which confronts what he and alot of other parents and teachers in this country truly believe tobe a "boy's crisis".
Here are the facts:
- Boys today are simply not learning as well as girls
- Boys receive 70% of the Ds and Fs given all students
- Boys cause 90% of classroom discipline problems
- 80% of all high school dropouts are boys
- Millions of American boys are on Ritalin and other mind-bendingcontrol drugs
- Only 40% of college students are boys
- And three out of four learning disabled students are boys
Gurian has the answer in this enormously fascinating andpractical book which shows parents and teachers how to help boysovercome their current classroom obstacles by helping to create theproper learning environment, understand how to help boys work withtheir unique natural gifts, nurture and expand every bit of theirpotential, and enabling them to succeed in life the way they oughtto.
Gurian presents a whole new way of solving the problem based onthe success of his program in schools across the country, thelatest research and application of neuro-biological research on howboys' brains actually work and how they can learn very well ifthey're properly taught.
Anyone who cares about the future of our boys must read thisbook.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: