This fully updated second edition of The Making of Modern Korea provides a thorough, balanced and engaging history of Korea from 1910 to the present day. The text is unique in placing emphasis on Koreas regional and geographical context, through which Buzo analyses the influence of bigger and more powerful states on the peninsula of Korea.
Key features of the book include:
- comprehensive coverage of Korean history
- up-to-date analysis of important contemporary developments, including North Koreas controversial missile and nuclear tests
- comparative focus on North and South Korea
- Korea examined within its regional context
- a detailed chronology and suggestions for further reading.
The Making of Modern Korea is a valuable one-volume resource for students of modern Korean history, international politics and Asian Studies.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: