Sometimes a brilliant lawyer just isn’t enough…
Benjawan reveals the story of her experience as a professional Thai and Lao interpreter, graphically showing how she works in legal settings including courtrooms and jails. She demystifies the conflicts that many Thai-Western couples face after moving to the US. Find out what happens when individuals who don t speak the language end up in criminal, civil and family courts. But this story is also a personal one, relating the author's journey from humble beginnings in rural Thailand to become a professional interpreter in the San Francisco Bay area.
Read Benjawan’s true life stories about...
* Her childhood growing up in Thailand
* How she acquired her language skills
* Her path to becoming an interpreter
* Why Thai women are interested in marrying Westerners
* Thai-Western relationships after couples move to the US
* Differences in culture, language, value and personality
* Story of the author's personal Thai-Western relationships
* Her life and work in the US
* Lao and Thai people in the US
* How interpreters work in legal settings
* Difficulties and challenges interpreters face
* Studying foreign languages
* And a lot more
This book is an entertaining and informative read for legal professionals, those who work with interpreters, expats living in Thailand and Laos or anybody who simply enjoys a good read.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: