An all-in-one reference to the major Home Area Networking,Building Automation and AMI protocols, including 802.15.4 overradio or PLC, 6LowPAN/RPL, ZigBee 1.0 and Smart Energy 2.0, Zwave,LON, BACNet, KNX, ModBus, mBus, C.12 and DLMS/COSEM, and the newETSI M2M system level standard. In-depth coverage of Smart-grid andEV charging use cases.
This book describes the Home Area Networking, BuildingAutomation and AMI protocols and their evolution towards openprotocols based on IP such as 6LowPAN and ETSI M2M. The authorsdiscuss the approach taken by service providers to interconnect theprotocols and solve the challenge of massive scalability ofmachine-to-machine communication for mission-critical applications,based on the next generation machine-to-machine ETSI M2Marchitecture. The authors demonstrate, using the example of thesmartgrid use case, how the next generation utilities, byinterconnecting and activating our physical environment, will beable to deliver more energy (notably for electric vehicles) withless impact on our natural resources.
- Offers a comprehensive overview of major existing M2M and AMIprotocols
- Covers the system aspects of large scale M2M and smart gridapplications
- Focuses on system level architecture, interworking, andnationwide use cases
- Explores recent emerging technologies: 6LowPAN, ZigBee SE 2.0and ETSI M2M, and for existing technologies covers recentdevelopments related to interworking
- Relates ZigBee to the issue of smartgrid, in the more generalcontext of carrier grade M2M applications
- Illustrates the benefits of the smartgrid concept based on realexamples, including business cases
This book will be a valuable guide for project managers workingon smartgrid, M2M, telecommunications and utility projects, systemengineers and developers, networking companies, and home automationcompanies. It will also be of use to senior academic researchers,students, and policy makers and regulators.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: