The Heretics of Finance provides extraordinaryinsight into both the art of technical analysis and the characterof the successful trader. Distinguished MIT professor Andrew W. Loand researcher Jasmina Hasahodzic interviewed thirteen highlysuccessful, award-winning market professionals who credit theirsubstantial achievements to technical analysis. The result isthe story of technical analysis in the words of the people who knowit best; the lively and candid interviews with these gurus oftechnical analysis.
The first half of the book focuses on the technicians' careers:
- How and why they learned technical analysis
- What market conditions increase their chances of makingmistakes
- What their average workday is like
- To what extent trading controls their lives
- Whether they work on their own or with a team
- How their style of technical analysis is unique
The second half concentrates on technical analysis and addressesquestions such as these:
- Did the lack of validation by academics ever cause you to doubttechnical analysis?
- Can technical analysis be applied to other disciplines?
- How do you prove the validity of the method?
- How has computer software influenced the craft?
- What is the role of luck in technical analysis?
- Are there laws that underlie market action?
- What traits characterize a highly successful trader?
- How do you test patterns before you start using them with realmoney?
Ralph J. Acampora, Laszlo Birinyi, Walter Deemer, Paul Desmond,Gail Dudack, Robert J. Farrell, Ian McAvity, John Murphy, RobertPrechter, Linda Raschke, Alan R. Shaw, Anthony Tabell, StanWeinstein.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: