Protect your heart health!
At-a-glance information on trans fats, saturated fats, monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, cholesterol in over 1500 brand name and common foods.
Avoid "killer" fats!
Which of these high-fat foods should you avoid: Nuts? Avocados? Steak? Margarine? Potato chips? You probably know about the health risks of consuming saturated fat and high-cholesterol foods. But did you know the real killer is trans fats-- a common fat in packaged foods and baked goods?
This handy counter identifies all types of fats in the foods you eat-- including trans fats. And health writer Sheila Buff clearly explains which are the "bad fats" you need to avoid and which "good fats" are a must for lifelong health. Eating fats wisely is a key to maintaining heart health and reducing your risk of cancer, stroke, and diabetes. This volume puts you in control!
* Where the killer fats lurk, and how you can avoid them.
* Why margarine isn't healthier than butter-- and why it may be harmful to your heart.
* The role of trans fats in childhood obesity and asthma.
* Beneficial effects of fish oil, olive oil, and flax-seed oil!
* Why a low-fat diet is not the best diet.
* The Mediterranean diet...a way to live longer and healthier!
* Snack foods-- high in trans fats, low in nutrition.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: