Turn on the TV, drop by a newsstand, or just browse the checkoutyour local supermarket and you'll see firsthand that Texas Hold 'Emis the poker game everyone's playing. It's a game that'sdeceptively simple, yet within its easy framework you’ll findtruth and trickery, boredom and fear, skill and misfortune—inother words, all the things that make life fun and worth living!
Texas Hold'em For Dummies introduces you to thefundamental concepts and strategies of this wildly popular game. Itcovers the rules for playing and betting, odds, etiquette, Hold'emlingo, and offers sound advice to avoid mistakes. This handyreference guide gives new and even seasoned players winningstrategies and tactics not just for playing the game, but forwinning. You'll learn:
- Rules and strategies for limit, no-limit, tournament, andonline play
- How to "play" the other players
- The importance of your bankroll—recommended sizes andmore
- Hands you should and should not play
- How to camouflage your play and dodge traps
- When, who, and how to bluff
- How to maximize your win with check-raising and trapping
- The different approaches for playing in private games,casinos, card rooms, tournaments, and on the Internet
- How to use mathematics to your advantage
Texas Hold 'Em is a game of both skill and chance. Butit's a game that can be beaten, and whether you want to makemoney, sharpen your game, or just have a good time, Texas Hold'Em for Dummies will give you the winning edge.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: