WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN?
Throwing a party. Preparing a meal. Sending an email. These are things you do all the time. How can they really make a difference? Ten Ways to Change the World in Your Twenties shows how to transform these everyday activities into world-changing events: Throw a party with a purpose. Prepare a sustainable meal. Send an email to your representative.
An inspiring collection of ideas that can make the world a better place, this book taps into the potential of an energetic, influential generation and lights the path to shaping tomorrow by:
- Digging into what you love
- Volunteering in ways big and small
- Supporting political actions that reflect your values
- Leading an eco-active lifestyle
- Simplifying and reducing your footprint
- Using your buying power to encourage better business practices
- Eating well locally
- Hosting a party with a purpose
- Exploring the world through environmentally responsible travel
- Turning your passion into a vocation
With a rating scale based on the time, money, and lifestyle impact required, and peppered with true tales of twentysomethings who've made an impact, Ten Ways to Change the World in Your Twenties provides resources and opportunities for you to use your talents to help create a history we can all be proud of.
"Everywhere I go around the planet, I find young people, fresh from college, leading the new green movement. With savvy and heart, they're making a real difference-and as this book shows, you can too!"
Bill McKibben | 350.org
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: