Why see stress as your enemy when stress can be your best friend? Why fight stress when you can redirect stress to work for you? Why suffer from stress when you can succeed with stress?
In this book, you will learn helpful ways to make stress work for and not against you. You will learn to recognize five different kinds of stress and seven solutions for stress. You will understand the difference between productive and destructive stress. You will be given tools to increase your productive stress and to lessen and even eliminate your destructive stress.
For the sake of your happiness, health, resiliency, and prosperity, you will discover:
- The advantages and disadvantages of stress.
- The difference between helpful and hurtful stress (and how to easily tell which is which).
- How to effectively cope with stress-provoking events.
- How to easily use your attitude to lower your hurtful stress.
- How stress arises, so you can choose whether or not to have stress.
- Simple and advanced methods for dealing with stress productively.
- Effective rules for living that make stress your friend instead of your enemy.
In short, you will learn how to save yourself from the emotional and physical damage caused by negative stress. You will learn how to use stress positively, in ways that have been proven to get positive results.
Yes, you can discover how to choose more positive stress and less negative stress. Yes, you too can make stress your best friend. Begin today to switch your personal relationship with stress from relating to stress as a victim to relating to stress as a partner. Make stress your path to success. Share the gift of positive stress with those you love and care about. Teach positive stress at home, school, and work. When you help to make positive stress work for yourself and others, you are part of the solution.
Stress for Success was originally a workshop to help the general public with stress issues. This ebook version of Stress for Success, while greatly expanded from the original, is short enough that you can read and reread this book to persistently practice the principles covered here until the principles become your new and better habits.
To help you remember the principles, the table of contents was designed to work both as a direct reminder and as a mnemonic device for remembering many of the principles. Let us wish you a successful life of stressful contributions and greater resiliency in the face of adversity.
FitzMaurice’s works also offer nine different approaches for you to improve your physical, mental, emotional, and relational health.
- In Attitude Is All You Need!, discover methods to sort out which attitudes are working for you and which attitudes are working against you. Also learn how to increase your productive attitudes and to decrease your unproductive attitudes, to free yourself from the negative influence of detrimental attitudes.
- In Breathe, discover methods for congruence, self-relaxation, self-calming, and self-centering. The methods’ positive effects come almost instantaneously with practice. You can lower your stress and improve your physical, mental, and emotional health now.
- In Garden, discover methods for sorting out which thoughts work for you and which thoughts work against you. Also learn how to increase your productive thoughts and to decrease your unproductive thoughts, to free yourself from the negative influence of detrimental thoughts.
- In Not, learn how to save yourself from the number one mistake that underlies failure. Also learn how to be a more effective parent, coach, and leader by learning to encourage, inspire, and motivate more powerfully.
- In Garbage Rules, be confronted with your reliance on mental garbage and the resulting garbage that reliance brings into your life. Be motivated to switch to healthier and happier thinking and feeling styles.
- In the seven books Something For Nothing, Anything Goes, Acid Test, 3D: Daily Dose of Discernment: 2003–4, 3D: Daily Dose of Discernment: 2005, 3D: Daily Dose of Discernment: 2006, and 3D: Daily Dose of Discernment: 2007, find sayings and aphorisms on many topics that you can use for introspection, contemplation, and meditation.
- In Ego, discover proven methods you can use to reduce your devotion to and dependence on ego. The less ego you have, the more passionate and productive your life will be. Reducing ego also teaches you how to be free, happy, and more creative.
- In Stress for Success, Second Edition, discover how stress is misunderstood and misused. Learn how stress is your best friend. Improve how and when you cope and problem solve and how often you cope and problem solve. Improve how often you achieve and contribute.
- In The Secret of Maturity, Third Edition, discover what it means to be mature and how to live a mature life. Also learn many practical and helpful emotional skills to improve your health, happiness, prosperity, resiliency, and relationships.
Experiment until you find the self-help approach or two that works best for you. Worry not if your chosen approaches are the best for anyone else.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: